You are here: Home ... Membership Information & Forms
Membership Information & Forms
Please email the Bethlehem Umpire Association at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about joining the Bethlehem Umpire Association.
One requirement is to complete the Bethlehem Umpire Association Membership Application which can be downloaded from the menu on the left side of this page.
All new members must complete a background check. Procedures for completing the background checks are the menu on the left side of this page. Contact the Bethlehem Umpire Association at email@example.com if you have any questions about and/or problems completing the background checks.
*************************** DETAILED NEW MEMBER PROCESS *****************
We are an organization of about 90 officials who officiate games from Little League to Adult Men’s league. We are always looking for new members with or without experience.
To join the group please review the steps below and join us at our next meeting; the sooner you complete the process below the sooner you can start officiating:
1) Member meetings are 3rd TUESDAY of each month@7pm. Upcoming meetings – see list at bottom of email.
All meetings are currently scheduled for the HEIGHTS Athletic Assoc on Easton Ave in Bethlehem 2345 Easton Avenue Bethlehem, PA 18017
2) Members MUST attend at least one meeting per quarter (prefer you attend all of them)
3) NEW MEMBERS must submit their application to:
Scan/email to: Mike Carbonaro - firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Mail to: BUA c/o Mike Carbonaro, 3140 10th Street, Bethlehem, PA 18020 (alternate)
– go to this link for the application ->>> Membership Info and Forms
4) NEW MEMBERS must attend a members meeting be recognized, introduce themselves and then answer some Q&A from the membership be prepared to talk about
- umpire experience - years/level/etc (we need umpires at all levels and welcome new/experienced officials)
- playing/coaching experience
- officiating experience
- why are you doing this
- what equipment do you have
5) NEW MEMBERS are then voted on to join the organization
6) NEW MEMEBRS must get their clearances (PA Act 15) to receive games this is a law and we can not assign until you satisfy this since many of our games involved players 18 and younger. See this link ->>>> Background Check Info
7) Submit your clearances to the BUA so we can keep them on file. Instructions are also in the following link ->> Background Check Info
8) Pay Dues, obtain equipment, numbers, patches, etc
9) Request Arbitersports access from the ArbiterSports admin – Mike Carbonaro
Page visits this Year: 1,661
This Month: 103